We spoke with Shaelynn Farnsworth, the director of educator network expansion for the News Literacy Project. The News Literacy Project’s mission is to create better informed, more engaged and more empowered individuals — and ultimately, a stronger democracy.
Questions for Shaelynn include:
- What is the difference between misinformation and disinformation?
- What are some red flags to look for when analyzing news?
- How do I deal with family or friends who believe in disinformation?
- What can we do to fight disinformation?
- How can parents talk to kids and teens about news literacy?