The theme for Safer Internet Day 2020 celebration on Tuesday, February 11 is “Together for a better internet.”
We encourage you to join the movement, to participate, and to make the most of the internet’s potential to bring people together. With a global, community-led approach, Safer Internet Day encourages everyone to come together and play their part.
Learn how you, your school or your organization can support Safer Internet Day here.
Some ideas from the community:
- Host a screening of the film LIKE, which explores the impact of social media on our lives. How to host a screening.
- Brainstorm “rules” for digital civility. Create an online and printed pledge with everyone’s best ideas.
- Contact your local news station to arrange a tour for your group. During the tour, “interview” a journalist or news executive. Some ideas for questions: How do you manage your public online presence? How do you deal with trolls? How has social media hurt or helped your industry?
- Team up with a local coding academy or maker space for an in-person discussion or webinar. Discuss how digital civility, safety, privacy and security can be “baked” into websites and apps.
- Volunteer to coach seniors on how to use their phones and computers.
We would love to share your idea for celebrating Safer Internet Day! Contact us.