The theme for this year’s Safer Internet Day celebration is “Play your part for a better Internet.” The day offers all of us the opportunity to do that – not just by increasing the number of people who use the Internet and connected technologies safely and responsibly but also by growing the amount of good there is online and using the Internet to increase its visibility and impact. We’re talking about expressions of kindness and positive social action, big or small, by people of all ages.
Here are some ways to mark Safer Internet Day:
- Participate in our Safer Internet Day livestream event from Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Read, discuss and sign the family pledge for smart use of technology. Everyone has a role to play in keeping ourselves – and each other – safe online. The idea of a family contract, or series of pledges, is to get everyone in the family on board as to what it means to use today’s technologies safely and smartly.
- Teachers: Check out one of our Safer Internet Day lesson plans.
- Become a Safer Internet Day US partner. Help us grow awareness by becoming our partner! Learn more here.
- Join our mailing list. Sign up to receive all the latest news and updates about Safer Internet Day.
- Join #SIDUS16 and #SID2016 on Twitter and Facebook.
Like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter to keep up with the latest news about Safer Internet Day in the US.
- Spread the word. Let others know about Safer Internet Day and what you’re planning to do to celebrate it!
Post to Twitter: Watch #SaferInternetDay live on Feb 9 at SaferInternetDay.us and participate using #SIDUS16 on Facebook and Twitter
Post to Twitter: #Educators, #Parents, #Teachers join us on #SaferInternetDay Feb 9 live at SaferInternetDay.us and participate using #SIDUS16
Download SID 2016 logo (png)
Please share this page with your friends so they can participate too. Thank you for joining us in celebrating Safer Internet Day!